How Long Do Lip Injections Last?
10 Things To Know Before Your lip Injection Treatment
There are many factors of how much dermal fillers are needed for your lip injection treatment. This video and the information below will explain if lip injections are right for you.
1. What Are Lip Injections?
Lip injections use the most popular types of dermal fillers such as Juvederm®, Restylane® and Perlane® and many more. People want to enlarge their lips for many of reasons. Lip injections are great for:
– Restoring your previous lip shape. As people age their lips may get smaller or thinner. People may see their philtrum between their upper lip and nose elongate and and become more flat. As well as the corners in your mouth may widen with volume loss.
– Smoothing out wrinkles. Your laugh and smile lines can develop wrinkles around the mouth. Increasing volume around this area will restore the smooth look you once have.
– Increase in confidence. Many people have thin lips to begin with and may not feel at their best when looking at the size of their lips. Increasing volume, plumping lips, and shaping your face are the solutions that many clients seek out for to achieve their cosmetic goalslip injections
2. Are Lip Injections safe to use on the lips?
Dermal fillers, also known as lip injections, soft tissue fillers, lip and facial fillers, or wrinkle fillers are medical device implants approved by the FDA for use in helping to create a smoother and/or fuller appearance in the face, including nasolabial folds (the lines extending from the sides of the nose to the edges of the mouth), cheeks, chin, lips, and back of the hands.
Since some dermal fillers are naturally absorbed over time, patients may need to repeat the procedure after some time to maintain the desired effect. Successful results will depend on the underlying tissue structure and the volume and type of filler used. The time that the effect lasts depends on the filler material and the area where it is injected.
Approved areas for dermal fillers:
The FDA has approved dermal fillers for use in adults 22 years of age or older (over the age of 21) for specific uses:
- Absorbable (temporary) fillers are approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and skin folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines extending from the sides of the nose to the edges of the mouth) and perioral lines (small wrinkles in the skin around the mouth and lips).
- Augmentation (increased volume) of lips, cheeks, chin, and back of the hand.
- Non-absorbable (permanent) fillers are approved for only nasolabial folds and cheek acne scars.
- The restoration and correction of signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy) in people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Correction of contour deficiencies, such as wrinkles and acne scars.
Unapproved Uses of Dermal Fillers
The FDA recommends against using dermal fillers or any injectable filler for body contouring and enhancement to:
- Increase breast size (breast augmentation)
- Increase size of the buttocks
- Increase fullness of the feet
- Implant into bone, tendon, ligament, or muscle
- Inject the glabella (area between eyebrows), nose, periorbital area (around the eyes), forehead, or neck
To view more information from the FDA on their approval of lip injections click here.
3. How mUch Lip Filler Do You Need For Your First Time Getting a Lip Injection Treatment
For your first lip injection treatment, often our professionals starts administering a half to a full syringe. That amount of dermal filler typically reaches the best results our clients are looking for after their first session.
We recommend our clients to set up follow up lip injection appointment to view the progress of their lip volume. Our nurses then fill additional areas in and around the lips and mouth the volume and the smoothness they are looking to achieve.
Our team of licensed aesthetic professionals will do a complete facial analysis to determine the amount and placement of filler needed to achieve your desired results.
4. How Long Do Lip Injections Last?
Clients can see results immediately within 24 hours, and then consistent improvement in results up to 2 to 3 weeks later as the filler fully settles. Results typically last for 6 to 8 months, at which point touch-ups are recommended.
5. How Soon Can You Get More Lip Injections?
You could get more lip injection treatments done as soon as 3 months. 3 to 6 months would give your lips the time they need to recover and for them to be ready for an additional treatment. Ask your lip injector for what’s right for you based on your lips.
6. How much do Lip Injections Cost?
Dermal fillers are priced at $675 per syringe. Additional lip injections treatments are highly recommended to achieve your desired results. Coming in for routine treatments between 6 to 8 months will be beneficial for the longevity of your lip volume. Pricing may vary depending on location and experience of your local med spa. Be sure to choose one that is reputable and transparent.
7. Do Lip Injections Hurt?
Lip injections aren’t too painful as long as your lip injection professional applies the topical numbing cream to the injection sites prior to the procedure. This will minimize the amount of feel you’ll have from your lips for a short duration. Giving you the most comfortable experience. If you have any concerns about pain and discomfort, you can discuss this with your practitioner prior to the treatment.
8. What To Do After Your Lip Injection
After your lip injection appointment it is important to do the following to reduce swelling after your lip filler treatment. Our recommendations are:
- Avoid excessive or very strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sweltering temperatures for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid excessive sodium for 24 hours as this can dehydrate.
- Use an ice pack with a thin towel around it and place it on your lips.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
9. What Not To Do After Your Lip Injection
After your lip injection appointment it is important to not do the following to reduce swelling after your lip filler treatment. Our recommendations are:
- Do not use any blood thinners such as certain medications or alcohol.
- Do not sleep face down on your pillow.
- Do not apply ice directly onto your lips.
- Avoid sun exposure to avoid burns and pain.
- Do not put make up on for at least 24 to 48 hours.
10. Where to find an experienced Lip Injector?
You can find a credible licensed lip injector by simply researching online. Be sure to view that the lip injector or medspa that you choose has highly rated reviews. Be sure that the injector that you choose has the proper licensing and certifications as well to ensure a safe experience.
At Touch of Glamour, our medspa offers a wide range of services performed by medical experts to ensure high-quality results with safety top-of-mind for our clients. Whether you’re looking to reverse the damage that’s been done, stay ahead of aging by using neuromodulators such as botox, enhance your best features, or correct the ones you’re not crazy about, we’re here to help.
Learn more about each of our service areas online, and schedule a 1:1 consultation with a member of our team to find the treatment options that are right for you.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Our Forehead Lip Injection Expert
It’s my promise to you that when you walk in our doors, you’ll know you’re in good hands. Our team is warm, welcoming, and always willing to answer any questions you have. At Touch of Glamour, we believe that beauty is an experience, and we’re dedicated to treating you like the VIP that you are.
Upcoming events and promotions!
Save $50 on any
VIPs get more! Sign up for our app to receive $50 off your first service and be the first to know about promos, new services, and events.
By April 15th
Nominate a mom who deserves a touch of glamour in her life! Nominations due 4/15, winner announced 4/19!
All Hydrafacials are $40 off, all March long! Book a Hydrafacial online or call to receive the promotion pricing.