The Best Lip Fillers & Injections From Our Glastonbury, CT Medspa
LIP INJECTIONS & MORE DERMAL FILLERS
At Touch Of Glamour, we believe a touch of volume never hurts! Our experienced and licensed medical professionals offer injection treatment options based on your cosmetic goals. Whether you’re looking for a plumper pout with lip fillers or dermal fillers, we’re here to help. Book a consultation today to get started on your filler journey!
What Are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are for people that want to enlarge their lips for many of reasons. Lip injections are great for:
– Increase lower and up lip volume. People that are looking to increase the volume in their lips are the perfect candidates for lip fillers. Our lip filler patients in CT often come in for lip volume.
– Shaping your lips. You may want to give your lips that shape that you’ve been wanting for so long. This will give your lips a full body look with the shape that meet your lip filler goals.
– Increase in confidence. Many people have thin lips to begin with and may not feel at their best when looking at the size of their lips. Increasing volume, plumping lips, and shaping your face are the solutions that many clients seek out for to achieve their cosmetic goals.
The Types Of Lip Filler Brands That Our Medspa Uses
Lip injections use the most popular types of dermal fillers such as Juvederm® and Restylane®.
Safety Is Our Priority For Our Lip Fillers clients
Are Lip Fillers Safe?
Yes If The Dermal Filler Is FDA Approved
Dermal fillers, also known as lip injections, soft tissue fillers, lip and facial fillers, or wrinkle fillers are medical device implants approved by the FDA for use in helping to create a smoother and/or fuller appearance in the face, including nasolabial folds (the lines extending from the sides of the nose to the edges of the mouth), cheeks, chin, lips, and back of the hands.
Since some dermal fillers are naturally absorbed over time, patients may need to repeat the procedure after some time to maintain the desired effect. Successful results will depend on the underlying tissue structure and the volume and type of filler used. The time that the effect lasts depends on the filler material and the area where it is injected.
Approved areas for dermal fillers:
The FDA has approved dermal fillers for use in adults 22 years of age or older (over the age of 21) for specific uses:
- Absorbable (temporary) fillers are approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and skin folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines extending from the sides of the nose to the edges of the mouth) and perioral lines (small wrinkles in the skin around the mouth and lips).
- Augmentation (increased volume) of lips, cheeks, chin, and back of the hand.
- Non-absorbable (permanent) fillers are approved for only nasolabial folds and cheek acne scars.
- The restoration and correction of signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy) in people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Correction of contour deficiencies, such as wrinkles and acne scars.
Unapproved Uses of Dermal Fillers
The FDA recommends against using dermal fillers or any injectable filler for body contouring and enhancement to:
- Increase breast size (breast augmentation)
- Increase size of the buttocks
- Increase fullness of the feet
- Implant into bone, tendon, ligament, or muscle
- Inject the glabella (area between eyebrows), nose, periorbital area (around the eyes), forehead, or neck
To view more information from the FDA on their approval of lip injections click here.
You Only Need A Half To A Full Syringe For Your First Time Getting Lip Injections
First Time Lip Injection
A Half To A Full Syringe
For your first lip injection treatment, often our professionals starts administering a half to a full syringe. That amount of dermal filler typically reaches the best results our clients are looking for after their first session.
We recommend our clients to set up follow up lip injection appointment to view the progress of their lip volume. Our nurses then fill additional areas in and around the lips and mouth the volume and the smoothness they are looking to achieve.
Our team of licensed aesthetic professionals will do a complete facial analysis to determine the amount and placement of filler needed to achieve your desired results.
Our Lip Filler PRocedure
- The first step to getting a lip filler procedure is scheduling an appointment with your licensed injector.
- Ensure that the product that injector is using is safe and is FDA approved. Credible injectors will offer Juvederm® and or Restylane® based on what they recommend for you.
- At your lip filler appointment your injector will apply a numbing cream to your lips.
- Your injector will inject small amounts of anesthetic around the areas they are planning on injecting the dermal filler.
- Your top and bottom lips will then be numb and ready to be injected with the lip filler.
It Usually Takes 2 Weeks For Lip Fillers To Settle
How long do lip fillers To Settle?
Up to 2 weeks on average
After your lip filler injection treatment it will take about 2 weeks on average will be needed for the lips to settle and have the dermal filler integrates well with your lip tissue. Their follow-up appointment will show how we that the dermal filler was able to stay within the tissue and to see if the injector and the client are both happy with the results/
Lip Injections Typically Last 6 To 8 Months
How long do lip fillers last?
On average 6 to 8 months
Lip fillers typically last typically for 6 to 8 months. Clients can see results within the first 24 hours. Your lip fillers will start to settle in your lips in 2 to 3 weeks after your session. You will then see improvement in your lips volume. Results typically last for 6 to 8 months. How long they last depends on how fast your body metabolizes the dermal filler. Younger individuals typically metabolize faster which will lead to their lips fillers to dissolve faster.
You Can Get More Lip Injections In 3 To 6 Months
How Soon Can You Book Your Next Lip Filler Appointment?
IN 3 TO 6 MONTHS
You could get more lip injection treatments done as soon as 3 months. 3 to 6 months would give your lips the time they need to recover and for them to be ready for an additional treatment. Ask your lip injector for what’s right for you based on your lips.
Here's How To Have Your lip injections last longer
do lip fillers last the second time?
They can with routine injections
Don’t let your dermal fillers in your lips run out if you want your lip fillers to last longer. Dermal fillers dissolve in the lips over time. How fast it dissolves depends on how fast your body metabolizes it. If you have some filler left in your lips, once you go to your second lip filler session they will most likely last longer due to how the volume decreased minimally in the lip tissue.
Lip Injections Aren't Too Painful
Do Lip injections Hurt?
Yes they can
Lip injections aren’t too painful as long as your lip injection professional applies the topical numbing cream to the injection sites prior to the procedure. This will minimize the amount of feel you’ll have from your lips for a short duration. Giving you the most comfortable experience. If you have any concerns about pain and discomfort, you can discuss this with your practitioner prior to the treatment.
your lips Will Recover after A Couple Of Days
How long do lip fillers take to heal?
It can take up to 2 days to heal
It varies from person to person. Swelling depends on how much lip filler was injected. Usually, injections that require more than half a syringe of dermal filler will swell the lips for a couple of days while it settles. When only a half syringe or less was used there will have minimal swelling.
What To Do After Your Lip Injection
After your lip injection appointment it is important to do the following to reduce swelling after your lip filler treatment. Our recommendations are:
- Use a post lip-filler serum and moisturizer for faster recovery.
- Avoid excessive or very strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sweltering temperatures for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid excessive sodium for 24 hours as this can dehydrate.
- Use an ice pack with a thin towel around it and place it on your lips.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
What Not To Do After Your Lip Injection
After your lip injection appointment it is important to not do the following to reduce swelling after your lip filler treatment. Our recommendations are:
- Don’t suck on any straws or manipulate the lip filler in any way.
- Do not use any blood thinners such as certain medications or alcohol.
- Do not sleep face down on your pillow.
- Do not apply ice directly onto your lips.
- Avoid sun exposure to avoid burns and pain.
- Do not put make up on for at least 24 to 48 hours.
lip fillers Can go away
DO LIP FILLERS EVER GO AWAY?
Yes, if you don't receive frequent maintenance
They will last from 6 to 8 months. If you don’t receive routine maintenance your lip fillers will dissolve over time until it’s completely metabolized in your body. Some people metabolize it very fast and will make the dermal filler dissolve fast. Others may metabolize the filler slower and may see longer lasting results due to that.
OUR CT LIP FILLER AND LIP INJECTION PRICING
How much do lip injections cost?
$675 per syringe
Our lip filler cost is priced at $675 per syringe. Many clients require a half to a full syringe for lip filler depending on their lip volume goals. Please schedule a consultation to decide on the right fit for you and learn about any current promotions.
At Touch of Glamour, our medspa offers a wide range of services performed by medical experts to ensure high-quality results with safety top-of-mind for our clients. Whether you’re looking to reverse the damage that’s been done, stay ahead of aging by using neuromodulators such as botox, enhance your best features, or correct the ones you’re not crazy about, we’re here to help.
Learn more about each of our service areas online, and schedule a 1:1 consultation with a member of our team to find the treatment options that are right for you.
We can’t wait to meet you!
FAQS about Fillers
Questions about fillers?
We'd love to help!
Please refer to our FAQs about lip fillers and injections for more information, or schedule a consultation to learn more about the service that’s right for you.
Lip filler often starts with half to a full syringe and then more filler can be added as desired for volume.
For other dermal fillers, our team will do a complete facial analysis to determine the amount and placement of filler needed to achieve your desired results.
Lip flips give height to the lip without impacting volume. This can be achieved with Dysport injections, rather than filler.
Filler is made of hyaluronic acid, which is biocompatible with your body, making it a safe and effective solution for increased volume. Allergic reactions are extremely uncommon.
All of our products go through extensive quality and safety testing. Our products are proven to cause minimal bruising, giving you great-looking results fast.
Lip filler can be reversed with hylenex, which breaks down the product used. Whether you had fillers done here or elsewhere, we offer filler reversal services, which can be booked through our online booking portal.
Volume from fillers typically lasts 6 to 8 months, at which point a touch-up is a recommended to maintain volume.
Filler is great for adding volume or shaping, and not just for your lips. Treatable areas are lips, smile lines around your mouth, lack of fullness in your chin, cheeks and tear troughs (under-eye volume loss). Schedule a consultation to learn if fillers are the right choice for you.
How to schedule your consultation
1. Once your inquiry is submitted, we will review your information immediately.
2. If you have any questions or concerns you’d like to discuss before your appointment, please let us know on your intake form and we will call you before your scheduled appointment.
3. You’ll receive text message reminders about your appointment date and time. We can’t wait to see you!